Welders can weld everything from stainless steel pipe to aluminium in a wide range of industries. These include construction and engineering, transport, aerospace, and offshore oil and gas. They also carry out repairs on manufacturing equipment and machinery.
If you want to put your practical skills to good use and can work accurately, this could be an ideal career for you. Your course will equip you in Oxyacetylene, Manual Metal Arc, MIG and TIG welding processes. On completion of the course you will have all the necessary skills to commence a career in the welding industry.
As a welder you will need to understand technical plans and have good maths skills for working out measurements.
Why should you choose our welding training courses?
- All your practical workshops can be taken at one of our nationwide state-of-the-art centres.
- The special study material allows you to learn when and where it suits you.
- Expert support is always available, at the centres where you take part in practical workshops, by phone, by email or by dedicated intranet for theory units.
- Courses are starting all the time so you can begin when you are ready.
- Courses are designed to fit around your other work and family commitments.
Proof of success
Examinations and assessments are conducted by an accredited external organisation.
Here are just a few of the things you will be able to do
- Work as a fully qualified Welder within the engineering industry.
- The Awards and Certificates can help you develop your welding and fabrication career further and take on jobs that require more specialist skills
- Develop a career or even a business in this essential craft
LEVEL 1 & LEVEL 2 THEORY MODULES LEADING TO:
- City & Guilds level 1 Award in introductory Welding Skills Oxy-Acetylene Welding
- City & Guilds level 1 Award in introductory Welding Skills Metal Inert Gas Welding
- City & Guilds level 1 Award in introductory Welding Skills Metal Arc Welding
- City & Guilds level 2 Diploma in Engineering – Fabrication and Welding Technology
- City & Guilds level 2 Award in Welding Skills Tungsten Inert Gas Welding
- City & Guilds level 2 Award in Welding Skills Manual Metal Arc Welding
So look ahead with confidence to a more rewarding future and train with us for industry recognised qualifications – just complete the enquiry form and we’ll be in touch, obligation free, to offer free advice and assistance.
*All C&G qualifications via C&G approved training centres