Renewable energy engineers
Sometimes you just want something new in your working life – so why not join Britain’s army of renewable energy engineers?
If all the energy’s gone out of your present job you could soon be earning a good income and getting real job satisfaction out of being a qualified renewable energy engineer. The Government is committed to renewable energy and there are so many new opportunities you could grab hold of. Learn key income-enhancing plumbing and electrics skills on your way to becoming fully qualified in renewable energy technology.
Re-training is easier than you might think and will give you skills which are always in demand. You might want to be employed or start your own business. You choose as our courses fast-track you the skills, knowledge and industry recognised qualifications you need to succeed.
Why should you choose our renewable energy training courses
- All your practical workshops can be taken at one of our nationwide state-of-the-art centres.
- The special study material allows you to learn when and where it suits you.
- Expert support is always available, at the centres where you take part in practical workshops, by phone, by email or by dedicated intranet for theory units.
- Courses are starting all the time so you can begin when you are ready.
- Courses are designed to fit around your other work and family commitments.
Proof of success
Examinations and assessments for this course are conducted by an external organisation which holds the accreditation to carry out the qualifications.
Specifically for people with little or no prior experience or knowledge, our courses can turn you into a professionally qualified renewable energy engineer working legally and safely either in your own business or for a company.
Here are just a few of the things you will be able to do
- Fit, install and maintain bathrooms.
- Complete and self-certify plumbing work in domestic environments only e.g. bathrooms, kitchens, lighting circuits and wall sockets.
- You can apply to become an MCS Certified Installer.
- Work on multi-powered properties.
- Complete renewable installations from start to finish.
- Work in people’s home or small commercial units providing energy efficient plumbing and solutions.
DOMESTIC RENEWABLE ENERGY ENGINEER
- BPEC* 1999 Water Regulations
- City & Guilds 6035 Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
- BPEC* NVQ Level 2
- City & Guilds 6035 Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies
- BPEC* NVQ Level 3
- City & Guilds 2399 Award in Environmental Technology Systems Awareness
- Part P Defined Scope
- BPEC* Installation, Service and Maintenance of Domestic Unvented Hot Water Systems
- BPEC* Energy Efficiency Certificate
- BPEC* Installation and Maintenance of Solar Thermal and Hot Water Systems
- BPEC* Installation and Maintenance of Heat Pump Systems
- Ground Source Heat Pumps
- Air Source Pumps
- BPEC* Certification in Underfloor Heating Systems
- BPEC* Rainwater Harvesting and Greywater Recycling
*All BPEC qualifications via BPEC approved training centres